Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Student Treasures

Pin It

This week my class is putting the finishing touches on our Student Treasures books.  I love making these books, most of the time.  Today we drew our final pictures.  I carefully explained to the students why their pictures needed to be on the back of someone else's writing (so their picture would be next to the words). I showed examples and even had students restate the directions.

Then we got started.  When the first student asked my why they had someone else's page I calmly re-explained.   I was calm when the second student asked and even when the third student asked.  By the fourth time I was just about ready to pull out all of my hair!!!!!  But, at last we are finished and I can't wait to see our final product!

5 comments:

  1. Tag, you're it! Check out my blog for your questions.
    Heather B.
    Krazy about Kindy

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting! Good luck with your books!

    Sincerely,
    Lori (luvyorkies@gmail.com)
    Teaching With Love and Laughter

    ReplyDelete
  3. My kindergartners seem to have selective hearing these days, too! Bless their hearts, I think their bodies are shooting up and their brains are taking a wee break. :-)
    ReadWriteSing

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are a better teacher than me. We tried that one year and just couldn't get it to work-using the markers, the writing on the back of the page. The end-product just didn't look very good. Maybe that's something we have to revisit. Kudos to you for sticking with it-I'm sure it will be something to "treasure"! :)

    NotJustChild'sPlay

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The trick is to use colored pencils! I usually do all of it small group, but this year I was in a time crunch!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...